227, boulevard Saint-Germain
Phone : +33 (0)1 43 17 32 83
Fax : +33 (0)1 45 56 18 86
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Non profit organisation
- Established in 1992, Confrontations Europe is a non-for-profit civil society organisation which gathers companies’ managers, unionists, territorial players, members of civil society, politicians, intellectuals and students from numerous countries in Europe, all committed to one idea: active participation of civil society for the building of Europe.
- In the context of the financial and economic crisis, the organisation proposes to consolidate the European Union and ambitions to mobilise citizens and other actors around proposals to get out of the crisis.
- The organisation became an important network of citizens and European players, a European think tank acknowledged in Brussels and an active lobby to the EU institutions.
- Inform and involve French citizens in the European construction
- Foster exchange and encourage meetings between French people and other Europeans
- Promote the development of a European civil society
- Contribute to the development and the implementation of a social, economic and cultural European project
- Influence political decisions and strategies drawn up by key players
- Through its monitoring of the European institutions’ agenda, it offers analysis and an expertise on the economic, financial, social and political issues of the European construction.
- Its «Club of Members of the European Parliament» is composed of about forty MEPs belonging to different political parties and coming from different countries. It is chaired by Alain Lamassoure and Philippe Herzog.
- After the rejection of the Constitutional Treaty, Confrontations Europe has launched a « Tour of Europe » to dialogue with the Europeans and work with them on a recovery option based on a « New Single Act. »
- The association publishes several publications: Confrontations Europe, the journal distributed to 30,000 copies; interface, the electronic newsletter of the Brussels Office; the « option of Confrontations Europe », which reports the actions of Confrontations Europe seminars; books in the collection « Europe after Europe » (Editions Manuscrit).
- Organisation every year of several symposiums and conferences.
- All these initiatives and publications are prepared by study groups that bring together over 1000 people in all socio-economic issues debated in the EU agenda.
Vision of Europe
- more participation of civil society in the European construction
- The budget of the Association is passed by the General Assembly. It is abounded for two thirds by its members (individual and collective) and third by institutional grants (as the European Commission DG EACEA and DG Employment Social Affairs).
- A full transparency about the association budgets
- A real capacity to mobilise well-known political figures
- A network making possible contacts and dialogue with a group of european parliamentaries
- A capacity to organize lobbying actions for the european general interest
- A « user friendly » website