Rue du Vieux Moulin, 66
Phone : + 32 (0)2 888 99 20
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collective of organisations, Non profit organisation
- ESAN aims to stimulate the conception and realisation of a coherent social policy in Europe based on the respect of human rights, the charter of fundamental rights of the European Union, the International Convention of Children’s Rights.
- ESAN develops co-operation between social organisations for peoples’ benefit
- ESAN gives information concerning community policies and programmes
- ESAN acts as a logistical base to look for transnational partners
- ESAN assists in the drafting of European grant applications
- ESAN has offices in 17 countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom.
- Encourage in Europe a coherent social policy based on the shared values of the ESAN members and on international law protecting human beings.
- ESAN runs different kinds of activities mainly either lobbying and/or exchange and co-operation activities between its members.
- Lobbying activities: ESAN promotes fundamental rights, access to rights, expression and participation of all citizens, the development of partnerships and civil dialogue, the development of a more human and caring Europe. To do this lobbying ESAN takes part in the European Union debates, in Brussels, within the European Social Platform, of which ESAN is a founding member, the European Commission, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Employment and Social Affairs committee of the European Parliament. ESAN raises awareness on European issues and makes the opinions of its members known at the European level, by exchanging information, organising seminars, and/or releasing public statements.
- Alongside, ESAN enjoys a participatory status with the Council of Europe, in Strasbourg. Being a member of the Conference of INGOs, it takes part in the different thematic working groups on social issues, aiming at putting its members’ opinions forward.
- Exchange and co-operation activities: ESAN promotes cooperation between its members so that they get to know each other, understand how valuable their action is and share their expertise. Mutual understanding and joint effort are the keys to achieve any progress in the development of a Social Europe. ESAN is a tool for its members, providing useful information on available EU funding support for European projects, a reliable network of potential European partners, and logistical help with grant applications.
Vision of Europe
- The European network ESAN is founded on: the respect of the dignity of the person; Human Rights, the Internationational Convention of Children’s rights; the European Union Charter of Fundamental Rights; freedom of conscience; solidarity.
- a network working to set up a european social policy
- a network with members in the Estern Europe