60 Rue Gallait
Phone : +32 2 229 35 70
Fax : +32 2 229 35 75
Email : email@example.com
Collective of organisations, Network
- The European Network Against Racism (ENAR) is a network of European NGOs working to combat racism in all EU member states and represents more than 600 NGOs throughout the European Union.
- ENAR is determined to fight racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance, to promote equality of treatment between European Union citizens and third country nationals, and to link local/regional/national initiatives with European Union initiatives.
- Act as the voice of the anti-racist movement and formulate positions on EU policies related to anti-racism and anti-discrimination.
- Develop policy papers and recommendations in relation to EU legislation or initiatives.
- Undertake collective lobbying actions.
- Establish advocacy coalitions and partnerships with other European networks and organisations.
- share and exchange ideas, experience and best practice between member organisations.
- Inform member organisations about EU policy developments.
- Encourage dialogue between civil society and the EU member states concerning the European political agenda related to anti-racism and anti-discrimination and its effects at national level.
- Reinforce the capacity of ENAR members to deliver national policy objectives.
- The ENAR’s programme of activities changes every year, in relation with new developments.
Vision of Europe
- ENAR’s vision is of a Europe without racism, where each individual has an equal opportunity to participate in society.
- Developing an understanding of racism in Europe is essential for two key reasons. Firstly, to promote learning and knowledge about what racism and discrimination is and how to combat it and secondly, to generate common tools across the European Union to combat this phenomenon. Experience over the last ten years has demonstrated that national governments can be convinced to take action at the European level, where they may not have been prepared to move forward alone.
- One of the most important network fighting against racism and discrimination: 600 organizations from all Europe.
- ENAR wants to link initiatives of different levels: local, national, european level.
- A yearly programme, taken in account the emergencies and the european developments.