16, avenue Boileau
Phone : +32 2 739 15 30
Fax : + 32 2 739 15 39
Email : email@example.com
Collective of organisations
- The European Liaison Committee on Services of General Interest (CELSIG) was established at the First European Forum on Services of General Interest (organised at the initiative of the French association « Réseaux Services Publics ») attended by nearly 200 participants in Brussels, on 25 and 26 November 1994.
- It is open to all who are engaged in economic and social activity in the European Union : institutions, operators, regulators, social economy organizations, trade union organizations, consumer organizations, environmental groups, anti-exclusion groups, researchers, academics, and so on
- Promote a new understanding of services of general interest within the context of European integration which addresses the technological, economic, social and cultural changes in societies throughout Europe.
- Organise, alone or in cooperation with other organisations, debates, symposiums, working meetings, European or international meetings,
- Publish articles, reports and other accounts of its work and proceedings,
- Make organized representations to all European institutions and bodies,
- Participate in initiatives with other European countries.
- The CELSIG developed a continuous activity towards the European institutions and played an important role in the adoption of the article 16 of the Treaty of Amsterdam, in the preparation of the communications from the Commission on « Services of general interest in Europe » (1996 and 2000), as well as in the introduction of article 36 in the European Charter of Fundamental Rights.
- It is particularly consulted by the institutions on questions regarding services of general interest and, more widely, about general interest.