Maison des Associations, Place des Orphelins 1/A
Collective of organisations, Non profit organisation
- Association of Local Democracy Agencies (ALDA) was established in 1999 at the initiative of the Council of Europe’s Congress of Local and Regional Authorities to coordinate and support a network of Local Democracy Agencies which was established in the early 1990es.
- ALDA is a non-governmental organisation dedicated to the promotion of good governance and citizen participation at the local level.
- ALDA in particular focuses on activities that facilitate cooperation between local authorities and civil society.
- promote citizens’ participation in the public and European Policies and in the Neighbouring countries
- promote local democracy from below, with the engagement of citizens and multilevel stakeholders.
- Coordinating and supporting the 12 Local Democracy Agencies in their activities;
- developing and implementing projects based on ALDA’s expertise in the field of good governance and citizen participation at local level;
- providing technical assistance to Local Authorities as project partner using ALDA’s knowledge, network and experience in the regions where ALDA and the Local Democracy Agencies are working.
Vision of Europe
- ALDA stands for EU based on local democracy and citizens participation
- Membership fees
- Project funding from the European Commission, the Council of Europe and other public and private donors.
- Most of ALDA’s work is based on the method of multilateral decentralized cooperation.
- multi-stakeholder approach which focuses on strong partnerships between Local Authorities and non-governmental organisations.