10 sq. Ambiorix
Phone : +32 2 743 87 60
Fax : +32 2 732 19 34
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Collective of organisations, Non profit organisation
- CONCORD is the European NGO confederation for Relief and Development.
- Its 26 national associations, 18 international networks and 1 associate member represent 1,800 NGOs which are supported by millions of citizens across Europe.
- The main objective of the Confederation is to enhance the impact of European development NGOs at the European Institutions by combining expertise and representation.
- help the people and civil organisations of developing countries to improve living conditions by providing them with financial and political support. Their voices must be heard by Western governments.
- By uniting, European development NGOs commit themselves to keep development co-operation high on the political agenda of advanced countries and the European Institutions in particular.
- European NGOs will continue to make institutions aware of how their economic and political choices impact on the most deprived countries.
- organisation in working groups that bring together Members’ expertise on European issues linked to development, relief and humanitarian aid. Their aims are: to analyse and follow up European policy, to strengthen relations with the European Institutions, to accumulate and share expertise and information with CONCORD Members as well as the European Institutions, to give advice and direction to the Board and the General Assembly of CONCORD.
- the TRIALOG project in charge of raising awareness of development issues in the enlarged EU and to strengthen dialogue and partnerships between development NGOs in accession countries, EU countries and developing countries.
- the DEEEP project whose aim is to increase the capacity of European NGOs to deliver grassroots Development Education via methodological exchange, training, improved networking, elaboration of common policies and common projects.
Vision of Europe
- CONCORD envisages a world where a prosperous Europe enjoys an open relationship with the global community, sharing wealth and expertise to ensure that all the earth’s citizens live a life of dignity and enjoy full rights to development.
- CONCORD will be a platform for common action at European level, based on the values of respect for the diversity of its membership, the complementarity of expertise, mutual confidence, participation, accountability and transparency.
- The presenting of joint positions representative of its Members organisation to reinforce ability to advocate at European level.
- The co-ordination of NGO activities through combining expertise, competencies and capacities in order to promote information sharing and to encourage reflection