Square de Meeûs 38/40
Phone : + 32 (0)2.401.87.07
Fax : + 32 (0)2.401.68.68
Email : email@example.com
Non profit organisation
- Finance Watch is an international non-profit organisation founded in Brussels on April 28, 2011.
- It was created at the initiative of a group of 22 members of the European Parliament concerned with asymmetries of representation of civil society in the field of financial reform.
- Finance Watch is an independent body aiming to increase the participation of civil society in the financial reform legislative process.
- Strengthen the voice of society in the reform of financial regulation by conducting citizen advocacy and presenting public interest arguments to lawmakers and the public as a counterweight to the private interest lobbying of the financial industry.
- Analyzing European legislative proposals from a public interest perspective and preparing consultation responses, position papers, reports and other publications.
- Ensuring that the wealth of expertise among Members is shared through working groups and research projects.
- gaining press and broadcast coverage and other exposure to communicate our views as widely as possible in the public realm.
- Maintaining a dialogue with legislators, elected officials, administrative authorities and regulators on relevant dossiers in the European legislature.
Vision of Europe
- A Europe attentive to the demands of civil society in financial matters
- A Europe promoting greater equity in the representation of public interests in financial reform
- Membership fees
- Important relay to civil society in the field of finance
- Spokesman for citizens interest in this area and counterbalance to private interests
- Independent civil society supported by members of the European Parliament who have been the initiators