Initiative without legal form
- G1000 is a citizens summit, a new form of democratic participation.
- It is a major open deliberation between free citizens on important topics.
- The initiative G1000 is an action of citizens participation, adopted by the Foundation for Future Generations, whose implementation has been coordinated by the Belgian ASBL Citizens Summit
- Give oxygen to the Belgian democracy that currently risk of asphyxiation and show how it can regenerate
- The entire deliberative process is designed as a three-stage rocket:
- The first phase: extensive online survey (July-November 2011) to determine a list of question to be discussed
- Second phase: large meeting at Tour & Taxis in Brussels (November 11, 2011) to define a list of common priorities
- Third Phase : further development by a small group of citizens (November 2011-April 2012) to draft concrete proposals
Vision of Europe
- No particular vision of Europe, but promotion of a deliberative democracy
- Donations (none can support with more than 5% of the total budget of the initiative so that to assure its independence)
- Important citizens’ initiative that has succeeded to gather in Brussels 1000 randomly selected participants to discuss key common problems previously identified in a spirit of openness and honesty.