Maros utca 23-25. mfszt. 1.
Phone : +36 315-3151
Fax : +36 315-3366
Email : email@example.com
Non profit organisation
- NIOK was founded in 1994 by the Nonprofit Research Group Association with the support of several umbrella organizations and experts.
- It was created to strengthen civil society in Hungary
- strengthen civil society in Hungary
- provide capacity building services to the non-governmental organizations
- build an environment supportive of the long-term future of NGOs.
- Dissemination of information through “Nonprofit Self-portrait”, newsletters, “Nonprofit information portal” (an openly used database of NGOs in Hungary with contact, activity and financial details of 12 000 organisations), media monitoring and a hot line service to answer the questions of those interested in NGO issues.
- Facilitation of civil dialogue, interest representation for the third sector:
to strengthen links between public sector institutions and NGOs.
NIOK is founder of the watchdog group monitoring
- Nonprofit Service Center: The aim of this project is to provide NGOs in Budapest and Pest County with hands-on assistance in their operation and management. It is a service centre for NGOs in a number of ways providing training and counselling, round table discussions with business and state actors, information assistance, publishing guidebooks, information and education leaflets, and a nonprofit library service.
- Social responsibility, philanthropy development to promote the emergence and development Hungarian private companies’ and individuals’ social responsibility.
- Since NIOK was set up, the number of NGOs in Hungary has more than doubled (according to latest estimates, there are currently fifty thousand registered NGOs).
- Over the past ten years, NIOK has been working hard to ensure that the growth in the number of NGOs is accompanied by a qualitative improvement in their activities.