Piazza della Libertà, 13
Phone : + 39 06 36001705
Email : email@example.com
Facebook : Consiglio Italiano del Movimento Europeo
Non profit organisation
- The Italian Council of the European movement (in Italian Consiglio del Movimento Italiano Europeo) (CIME) is an organization dedicated to consolidating and giving voice to all democratic forces - parties, unions, institutions, organisations and various associations – conscious of the importance for Italy to continue to build the European unit.
- Open for accession by any organisation in Italy that shares its objectives, CIME promotes different kinds of activities.
- Its composite structure makes it a major reference for all those institutions that arise at different levels the problem of enlargement of the European public debate, particularly through innovative projects of European political communication.
- CIME is a founding member of the European Movement International.
- CIME recognizes in existing institutional structures within the European Union, the first embryo of a European federation. It thus supports a decided change of it that would lead to a more “constitutional” reality.
- It fights for all the reforms that would make the EU able to express its unity on foreign policy and security and achieve real economic and social policy.
- For this purpose, the Italian Council of the European Movement intends also to defend to the Italian public, and primarily among younger generations, the belief that the creation of a European federation, respecting the national, regional and local autonomy, is vital to the prosperity and true independence of the European peoples.
- It also promotes the development of new instruments of democratic control at European level that will constitute an indispensable guarantee of the independence of our institutions.
- CIME acts as a coordinating body but also an instrument for proposal, stimulation and pressure to European and national parliaments and governments and international institutions, both independently and through the European Movement International (EMI);
- It plays a role in the development of the public debate;
- It carries activities of political and cultural development on international issues
- It organises awareness and information campaigns to citizens about the Union’s action.
Vision of Europe
- Europe within the meaning of the message from the Ventotene Manifesto of Altiero Spinelli, a federation between all European democracies willing and able to join in full equality of rights and duties.
- Only by strengthening the integration between member states, will it be possible for European democracy to endorse a major role in the globalized world and to actively contribute to an international order based on peace and on the promotion of human and citizens’ rights.