Phone : +32/485/472970
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/EuropeanCitizensFor
Initiative without legal form
- EUROPEAN CITIZENS FOR is an initiative, a movement and a platform of the European civil society driven by the civil society itself.
- CItizens’ contributions and inputs will shape its activities.
- The aim is to fill the gap that is often created between Brussels and European citizens.
- Our mission is clear: to raise the attention of all European citizens on European, national and regional issues that have a European impact.
- We want to galvanise European citizens and to involve them actively, we want that European citizens care about issues that have a European impact.
- We aim to make impossible for citizens, opinion-, decision- and policy- makers to think without a European perspective.
- More attention to Europe does not mean less relevance of States, regions, provinces and municipalities. We firmly believe that having a European perspective of national and regional challenges helps to face them. And European solutions are often the best ones to face and solve national and regional issues.
- National and local identities, traditions, realities, problems and challenges deeply characterise our continent and shape the lifestyle of European citizens. They should not be overcome, but we think that they should not hinder ourselves to think European, to believe in a European perspective or European solutions. This is indeed supported by the fact that the European Union is not a “one size fits all” system, it does not impose a single homogeneous political, fiscal, economic and social structure.
- Organisations of events, networking, coordination of activities
- The approach is inclusive. EUROPEAN CITIZENS FOR does not pretend to represent all the 500 million European citizens, but would like to encourage as many as possible to be active and “think European”. Our voice is strong, but we would like it to be stronger. With more support from European citizens we can reinforce our cause.
- Our aim is to fill the gap that is often created between Brussels and European citizens.
- We aspire to engage constructively with other organizations and associations, with policy-, decisions- and opinion- makers. EUROPEAN CITIZENS FOR will work and cooperate with them in order to make heard its messages and to challenge forcefully the current status quo characterized by a spread euroscepticism.
- Let’s make our voice heard, let’s be united in the diversity of problems that our common European family faces! Let’s be active players of our Europe!