The Association «Les amis de Franck Biancheri» has been created in tribute to Franck Biancheri, a politician and pro-european democrat who died the 30th of october in 2012. This website is dedicated to the memory of him and his conscientious and high-quality work, which is now handed down to coming generations.
Created at the initiative of Marie-Hélène Caillol, his companion and closest colleague, his daughter Carla, his friends, former or newer fellow travellers, the association has several aims among them to keep his legacy alive, pass down and develop it.
The members of the AAFB Association, whether their category be founder, supporter, donor, or honorific member, are committed to:
- keep Franck Biancheri’s legacy alive, by developing and collectively feeling responsible to promote and faithfully protect his work;
- continue Franck Biancheri’s battle for a Europe which would be democratic and promote peace within its own borders and beyond. Be a Europe open to the world, in line with trends, acting on its founding values and positively influencing the international stage;
- one which respects diversity – something which has received much praise within its integration project– and that calls itself independent and balanced, due to its strong international relations;
- remain faithful to Franck Biancheri’s main principles of independence, righteousness, the freedom to think and act and not compromising on ideas and values;
- resist and fight back any attempts of misappropriation and hijacking of Franck Biancheri’s image, name and projects in their own interest.