The European Institute for Public Participation (EIPP) is a not-for-profit organisation launched in 2009
Its mission is to promote better decision-making through public participation.
– Develop a better and deeper understanding of the factors which make participation activities effective – or ineffective
– Build capability and capacity of those charged with fostering the participation of the public in decision-making, based on the evidence from research and evaluation
– Develop networks of researchers and practitioners in public participation across Europe and linking with similar networks in other continents
– Promote the benefits of public participation through changing the attitudes and behaviours of the politicians and public officials involved.
– Research into what works when in terms of engaging the public in the decision-making processes which affect their lives and society and the environment at large
– Evaluation of specific participation activities in order to learn from experiences
– Build networks of researchers across Europe
– organisation of conferences
– Promotion of public participation through media interviews, newspaper articles, TV appearances, conferences and workshops in various European countries and the USA
– international research network
– strong communication tools through medias, newspapers, televisions