Data for Policy 2021
Gower St, Bloomsbury, London WC1E 6BT, UK
14 September at 12:00 am — 16 September at 12:00 am
The sixth International Data for Policy Conference will take place in London in September 2021. The conference series is the premier global forum for multiple disciplinary and cross-sector discussions around the theories, applications and implications of data science innovation in governance and the public sector.
The standard tracks of the conference are as follows:
Data-driven Transformations in Policy and Governance – this standard track focuses on the high-level vision for philosophy, ideation, formulation and implementation of new approaches leading to paradigm shifts, innovation and efficiency gains in collective decision making processes. Topics may include:
- Data-driven innovation in public, private and voluntary sector governance and policy-making at all levels (international; national and local): applications for real-time management, future planning, and rethinking/reframing governance and policy-making in the digital era;
- Data and evidence-based policy-making;
- Government-private sector-citizen interactions: data and digital power dynamics, asymmetry of information; democracy, public opinion and deliberation; citizen services;
- Interactions between human, institutional and algorithmic decision-making processes, psychology and behaviour of decision-making;
- Global policy-making: global existential debates on utilizing data-driven innovation with impact beyond individual institutions and states;
- Socio-technical and cyber-physical systems, and their policy and governance implications.