Economy 4.0: shaping a future that works for everybody
BIP, Rue Royale 2-4, Brussels, Belgium
04 December at 8:45 am - 4:30 pm
The current era, also called the fourth industrial revolution, is characterized by the development of big-scale automatization, robotics, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, big data analytics software and high-tech infrastructure allowing for the deployment of the internet of things (IoT). Economy 4.0 is a new era of productive, industrial and economic development which has deep implications on sectors as diverse as education, culture, health, agriculture, industrial production and work in general. The complexity of the societal challenges arising from this transformation makes it all the more important to use collective intelligence and diverse perspectives to shape the future.
What does this mean for policymaking? Where and how should policymakers play a role?
The event will raise awareness on the ways in which the fourth industrial revolution is changing the way we live and work. More importantly, the event will encourage all participants to contribute in thinking and shaping the future.
Stakeholders from the private and public sector, industry specialists, entrepreneurs, academics, creatives and policymakers will engage in genuine exchange. The idea is to share and discuss initiatives which can be implemented right away. A major asset of these events is to discover projects and initiatives and hear of stories first hand. In a setting where each participant is a contributor, the event will highlight opportunities and points of action of the Economy 4.0.
- Participants will:
Share regional experiences on the development of the Economy 4.0 and how this is impacting areas as diverse as work, education, culture or health
- Hear from different stakeholders what they see as threats and opportunities of the Economy 4.0
- Examine the role of regions and public bodies: are there new roles emerging?
- Discuss social and economic impacts, needs in terms of policymaking and fields for cooperation
- Learn about funding opportunities for regional stakeholders: both companies/ organisations & regional governments
- Learn about regional examples of Economy 4.0: presentations by companies and other stakeholders