Online Information Session on CERV Call to Promote EU Values
25 January at 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
In a context where many civil society organisations find it difficult to get the funds they need to develop and perform their activities, the European Commission has issued CERV CITIZENS VALUES Call 2022 for proposals on protecting and promoting European Union Values with a budget of €51 million. The deadline for the CERV call is 29th March 2022.
The purpose of this call for proposals is to select and support a limited number of intermediaries in the greatest number of Member States, capable of building the capacities of a large number of civil society organisations active at local, regional or national level in the fields covered by the CERV programme. Priority will be given to small, remote and rural based intermediaries organisations which tend to have more limited capacity and funding sources.
Citizens, Equality, Rights & Values (CERV) is the new European programme offering funding for citizens engagement, equality as well as the protection and promotion of rights and EU values.
Here are some examples of activities that could be supported under this call:
- Awareness raising and outreach of rights and values under the EU Treaties and the Charter among the general public and key actors such as policy and law makers, legal professionals and the judiciary; communication and public information through social media
- Organisation of civic platforms and civic dialogues linked to EU rights and values themes
- Coalitions and partnerships among CSOs; coordination and strategic cooperation between CSOs and other stakeholders, public or private sector entities
- Provision of free advice, watchdog and monitoring activities on EU policies and rights and values under the EU Treaties and the Charter
- Promotion of the implementation of adopted laws, regulations and Court cases
- Lobbying/advocacy to influence policy and decision making processes, including revision/updating/adoption of policies and legislation
- Research and analysis aimed at informing policy-making at EU and national level, development of tools and standards to support EU values
- Provision of support services to the target group, such as victims support, training etc.