A bootcamp for civil influencers: How can young Europeans influence the future of their continent? One thing is for sure: They need to make their voice heard – by becoming an active part in civil society.
During five convention days of Y Vote Düsseldorf, you will be offered the possibility to improve the necessary skills to be an active voice within the civil society and towards policy makers: How to develop political ideas, and how to address them? How to promote active citizenship on a local level? Learn about these questions in interactive workshops, discuss your opinion with participants from all over Europe and address your ideas to the people being capable to change them: EU commissioner Tibor Navracsics, MEP Sabine Verheyen and other political leaders will be part of our convention programme.
Y Vote aims to empower young people to make informed choices at the European Parliament elections while developing the needed knowledge about topics that are relevant for young Europeans. To reach this goal, seven conventions, corresponding to the topics of the EU Youth Agenda, are organised. As a participant, you will learn about the functioning of the EU, Participation in Civil Society in the EU and discuss how to become active in society.
The result of this events is a set of political recommendations on the topic, which will be combined with all other Convention results and then be presented to stakeholders: Our Agenda for Europe.
Find out more information and how to apply here!
The program includes:
- Workshops, discussions with policy makers & more
- 3 meals a day
- A chill social programme with cultural dinner, city tour and inspiring TED talks
- A Project Hub
- How is the EU dealing with Participation in Civil Society
- How do the EU institutions function together?
- How can I take part in shaping the EU of tomorrow?
- How to talk to politicians at events?
- What other ways do I have to take part in active society?
- A set of recommendations for our agenda for Europe on the topic
- Your ability to be a multiplier and inform people on the European Parliament elections 2019
- 20+ new friends from all over Europe
- Great ideas for new projects and youth initiatives regarding the topic of Participation in Civil Society
The participants selection will be done with all organising entities, and the results be shared within 7 days after the application deadline. We encourage all young people, AEGEE members and not, to apply for this event.