Climate Action Network Europe (CAN Europe) is recognised as Europe’s leading network working on climate and energy issues. With over 150 member organisations in over 30 European countries, CAN Europe works to prevent dangerous climate change and promote sustainable energy and environment policy in Europe.
CAN Europe supports and empowers civil society organisations to influence the design and development of an effective global strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and ensure its implementation at international, national and local levels in the promotion of equity and sustainable development.
Platform – collective of organisations
- prevent dangerous climate change through awareness and capacity building of governments and citizens worldwide.
- protect the global climate from dangerous human interference.
- be the conscience of the world concerning issues of climate change.
- promote the protection of the global climate from dangerous human interference; and so to facilitate the radical transformation in the way we use resources, the land and energy.
- prioritize sustainable development that meets the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- inspire government, business, community, and individual action to this effect.
- develop an objective understanding of climate change and its causes, and share this information with all people, especially all members.
- organize, support, inspire and co-ordinate its members to take effective action on climate change, either as one global voice, or in the regions where members operate.
- Information sharing
- Capacity Building
- Lobbying on common positions
- Co-ordination of media messages
- Co-ordination of research efforts
- Co-operation with other NGO groupings
- Mobilisation of public support and awareness
- Any other activities which would promote the CAN objectives
capacity of mobilizing a network of over 150 NGOs