Beyond the urban – Contemporary arts and culture as keys to sustainable territories
Rue du Vieux Marché aux Grains 5, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
March 16th, 2020
Culture Action Europe has currently over 90 members, representing in turn over 8000 organisations spread across the EU countries and beyond at the local, regional, national or European dimensions in more than 14 artistic disciplines, from all domains of cultural activity.
Culture Action Europe is an advocacy and lobby organisation promoting arts and culture as a building block of the European project.
Its aim is to influence European policies for more and better access to culture across the continent and beyond, to provide customized information and analysis on the European Union, offer cultural actors a space to exchange and elaborate common positions, and develop advocacy actions towards European policymakers.
– Provide EU cultural operators with a common arena in which they can reflect on the European project, identify their interests and organise their political representation.
– Strengthen the role of arts and culture in the development of Europe.
– Promote access to the arts and participation in cultural life as a fundamental right of every citizen.
– Provide immediate access to EU decision makers and to provide information and expertise on the EU and its cultural policy.
– Publication of studies and reports, participation in key Parliamentary hearings and discussion groups, participation to the design of the cultural funding programmes. Culture Action Europe is the leading platform for reflection and advocacy when it comes to European cultural policy.
– The most important european network of cultural organisations.
– Participation to the design of cultural programmes and to the cultural european agenda.
– Contribution to the intercultural dialogue in Europe and in the structured dialogue between civil society and the Commission.
Culture Action Europe is supported by the European Foundation of Culture and the European Commission, DG Culture and Education.