The European Social Observatory (OSE asbl) is a centre for research, study and other activities in the field of social policy and employment in Europe.
By conducting research, formulating policy proposals and producing training toolkits, the OSE lays the foundations for critical analysis of European integration.
Analyse the impact of European integration on social and employment policies both at EU level and within the Member States.
– website (www.ose.be, in English and French) is a valuable source of up-to-date information on OSE projects, publications, events and staff;
– two-monthly OSE Newsletter (www.ose.be/newsletter);
– European Health Care Newsletter (in English, French and Dutch) provides summaries of current EU developments that might affect national health care systems;
– Working Paper series encompasses three different publications – “Research”, “Briefing” and “Opinion” papers – written by the research team as well as our research associates and outside scholars;
– Lunchtime Sessions, at which academics, policymakers and stakeholders shed light on issues topping the EU agenda before an audience of OSE researchers and their guests.
– vast network of researchers who analyse the impact of European policies on the social sphere at national and European level.
– It formulates proposals, conducts research and produces training tools and backup for reflection on the social dimension of the European Union.
– organisation of international conferences and seminars