Engaging citizens and civil society in the future research programme
October 30th, 2017
The Citizen Sciences Association is a nonprofit organisation founded in 2002.
It aims to promote and extend the current movement of democratic and citizen reappropriation of science, in order to serve the common good.
Three lines of work:
– Increase research capacity and expertise of civil society, law associations, consumerist, unions and citizens (creation of a scientific third-sector )
– The stimulation of freedom of expression and debate in the scientific world,
– The promotion of democratic elaboration of scientific and technical choices
– Organisation of seminars, conferences, debates
– Organisation of training
– Publication of proposals, bills, press releases, briefings
– Dissemination of information and expertise
– Networking of research initiatives
– Coordination and participation in European projects, citizens campaigns
– Networks and supports
– Important source of proposals