The King Baudouin Foundation supports commitment to create greater justice, democracy and diversity in society. It is an independent structure that encourages original ideas and sets up new projects
The King Baudouin Foundation supports projects and citizens who are committed to create a better society. The Foundation focuses on specific themes and is based in Brussels, but also supports projects far beyond the borders of Belgium and Europe.
- to help to improve living conditions for the population
- to lasting contribute towards greater justice, democracy and respect for diversity
Support for third party projects (individuals, groups, institutions, organisations etc.)
- organisation of workshops, colloquia, seminars and round-table discussions with experts and citizens
- organisation of groups’ meetings to reflect on current social problems and future themes
- gathering people with different perspectives and very different backgrounds, to create a dialogue
- Publicising results through various media: diffusion of reports, publications, link to the medias
- actions of support to philanthropy
- capacity to support actions organised by other institutions, NGOs or citizens
- European Citizens Consultations project organised in view of the 2009 EU élections. The European Citizens’ Consultations 2009 (ECC 2009) brought together citizens from all 27 EU Member States to discuss – with each other and then with policy-makers – key challenges facing the EU.
- Support to philanthropy