n-ost is an association under German law created in 2006.
It brings together journalists, experts on Eastern Europe and media initiatives from over 40 countries worldwide.
Its members are characterised by their European point of view and their goal to strengthen reporting from Eastern Europe.
- strenghen reporting from Eastern Europe
- lobby against economic, social or political restrictions for journalism
- lobby for fair payment of journalists
- funding for extensive research
- qualify journalists
- deliver media expertise on Eastern European countries, topics
- Network of 250 journalists and experts
- Daily newsletter on European issues, press review on the European press in 4 languages (on behalf of Civic Education – Bundeszentrale für Political Education)
- Support for reporting
- Annual prize for n-ost reportage
- Training, networking and research tools for members (eg annual media conference)
- Events, publications and pronouncements for a well-informed international journalism (eg leaks Legal Network International)
Euro topics: The international press review euro|topics follows the major debates in the European media and translates the most important comments into four languages.euro|topics also situates national discussions in a European context: www.eurotopics.net