Union of Cypriots was founded by Cypriots who have been struggling for communal existence in the north of Cyprus since 1974.
According to its constitution, the objectives of the Union of Cypriots are:
- to protect, strengthen and reanimate the relations in the Cypriot community through effective local and international means;
- to revitalize, empower and reinforce the national sentiment and consciousness of its people, as well as educate about the Cypriot culture, history and politics;
- to promote its ideology of Cypriotism with its principles and progressive values;
- to organize the Cypriot community’s movements and actions in order to achieve a unitary solution concerning the Cyprus issue with the idea of one nation, one flag, one homeland and one state;
- to corporate with international organizations, institutions, charities, voluntary bodies and statutory authorities to lobby for Cypriots’ rights and work against the illegal Turkish occupation of Cyprus.