[Call for Proposals] Local Authorities: Partnership for Sustainable Cities
Deadline for submission of concept note: 23 April 2021
The global objective of the Programme “Partnership for sustainable cities” is to promote integrated urban development through partnerships built among Local Authorities of the EU Member States and partner countries in accordance with the 2030 Agenda on sustainable development.
The priority of this call for proposals is to promote the EU development cooperation Rights-Based Approach, encompassing human rights, including participation and access to the decision-making process, non-discrimination (including Gender Equality) and equal access, accountability and access to the rule of law and transparency and access to information.
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be a specific type of organisation such as:
– Local Authorities (LA); or
– Association of Local Authorities (ALA), including city networks constituted in accordance with the legislation in force in the country; and
- be established in one of the eligible countries or territories listed in Annex L to these guidelines; and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
To be eligible, the partnership must include at least one applicant (either as lead applicant or co-applicant) established in a EU Member State and at least one applicant (either as lead applicant or co-applicant) established in the beneficiary country where the action will take place (see section 2.1.4 “Location”).
Any requested EU contribution (grant) under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: EUR 1 000 000
- maximum amount: EUR 3 000 000
Any requested EU contribution (grant) under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum percentages of total eligible costs of the action:
- Minimum percentage: 50 % of the total eligible costs of the action.
- Maximum percentage: 95% of the total eligible costs of the action
Deadline for submission of concept note is 23 April 2021 at 16:00 (Brussels date and time)