The Academia Europaea is a non-governmental organisation functionning as an Academy. Its members are scientists and academics willing to promote collectively knowledge, education and research. Among the members, there are recognised experts in physical sciences, biology, medecine, mathematics, litterature, social sciences, economy.
– Promote a wider appreciation of the value of European scholarship and research.
– Make recommendations to national governments and international agencies concerning matters affecting science, scholarship and academic life in Europe.
– Encourage interdisciplinary and international research in all areas of learning, particularly in relation to European issues.
– Identify topics of trans-European importance to science and scholarship, and propose appropriate action to ensure that these issues are adequately studied.
– Academia Europaea pursue its objectives in several ways : through the organisation of workshops, conferences and experts meetings;
– It also provides publications, expertises and advices.
– The Academia participates also in research projects and other interdisciplinary activities having a true international dimension.
An English institution trying to implement a European Sciences Academy