ALDA Talks: Sustainable Development Goals: how we are all engaged with them
March 31st, 2020
ALDA is a non-governmental organisation dedicated to the promotion of good governance and citizen participation at the local level. ALDA in particular focuses on activities that facilitate cooperation between local authorities and civil society.
Association of Local Democracy Agencies (ALDA) was established in 1999 at the initiative of the Council of Europe’s Congress of Local and Regional Authorities to coordinate and support a network of Local Democracy Agencies which was established in the early 1990es. It remains one of its supporting programmes.
It is the umbrella organisation of the Local Democracy Agencies which are self-sustainable, locally registered NGOs that act as promoters of good governance and local self-government.- Promoting of good local governance.
– Promoting of active citizenship
– European integration
– Civic initiatives
– Youth involvement
– Promoting of respect of human rights, equal opportunities, immigration, sustainable economic development, volunteering
– Coordinating and supporting the 13 Local Democracy Agencies in their activities;
– Conducting its own projects in the field of good governance and citizen participation at the local level.
– Supporting other local stakeholders’ initiatives – like Local Authorities – by providing expertise gained through ALDA’s knowledge and experience in the regions where ALDA and the Local Democracy Agencies are working.
– Most of ALDA’s work is based on the method of multilateral decentralized cooperation.
– Multi-stakeholder approach which focuses on strong partnerships between Local Authorities and non-governmental organisations.
– These partnerships create positive synergy and ensure that common goals are reached in a successful way.