Pro Democracy Association (APD) is a non-governmental, non profit and non-party affiliated organization established in 1990.
APD currently has 31 clubs in which more that 1000 citizens (members and volunteers) participate in implementing projects.
- strengthening democracy at national and international level by encouraging civic participation
- strengthening the relation between the electorate and its elected representatives
- observing the correctness of the electoral process, civic education;
- citizens’ participation in the process of public policies drafting,
- the transparency of public institutions and their control by the civil society;
- protecting human rights.
- monitor local, parliamentary and presidential elections since 1992 (both the domestic ones and, since 2004 those from the entire region),
- organisation of candidate forums (the first ones held in Romania): meetings between politicians and interest groups aiming to draft laws
- organisation of seminars on civic education and participation
- edition and distribution of informative materials
- project management and developement of activities that increase the degree of democratic consolidation of the communities and of the society as a whole.
development of democratic institutions’ monitoring in the region