Initiatives of Change (IofC) is a world-wide movement of people of diverse cultures and backgrounds, who are committed to the transformation of society through changes in human motives and behaviour, starting with their own.
Many of the world’s problems – and their solutions – are rooted in human nature. Fear, hate, greed and indifference perpetuate injustice, poverty, conflict and environmental destruction. Yet it is also in human nature to be compassionate, courageous and creative. People can live the change they wish to see.
The vision of the foundation is a just, peaceful and sustainable world to which everyone, responding to the call of conscience, makes their own unique contribution. Its mission is to inspire, equip and connect people to address world needs, starting with themselves.
To achieve those goals IofC works around the interaction of people, whether few or many, in homes, small or large groups, training courses, dialogues and local or international conferences. It focuses on trustbuilding, ethical leadership and sustainable living. Where possible IofC seeks to bring its people-based approach to partner alongside groups that provide technical expertise on specific issues.
Addressing Europe’s Unfinished Business (AEUB) is a four-year programme that seeks to engage European citizens from all backgrounds to conceive and participate in actions developing a spirit of partnership and solidarity across Europe in order to achieve the needed peacebuilding efforts in this continent. This programme reaches out to the 50 countries which are officially recorded as European, members of the Council of Europe and/or the European Union.
The Aims of the Foundation are:
• To work for a more just society by strengthening the ethical foundations of democracy;
• To help heal the wounds of history;
• To encourage care and responsibility in family life and personal relationships;
• To strengthen ethical commitment in economic life;
• To forge networks among people from different faiths and cultures.
• To address the lack of confidence about Europe which disengage citizen from positive initiatives
• To encourage a change in mind-sets and relationships between the people of Europe through a reflection on each one’s own role
• To gain and offer respect for each other’s personal and national beliefs, valuesl identity, history and culture
• To inform, inspire and engage Europeans from all backgrouds to conceive and participate in actions developing a spirit of partnership and solidarity across Europe
Yearly seminars in Caux under the AEUB Programme :
2015’s theme : Creating a Common Understanding of Issues and Values
2016’s theme : Recognizing Past and Present Efforts
2017’s theme : Overcoming Present Divisions or Tensions, Healing Hurts to Build Trust for the Future
2018’s theme : Working Together on Common Ideals, Strengthening Relations with Other Continents
The CAUX-IofC Foundation:
– offers an inspiring place to organize international conferences
– promotes principles of diversity and inclusion.
– has the capacity to make a bridge between the personal and the global within an international network.
Jean Monnet Foundation for Europe