ELEC is a network of European entrepreneurs of goodwill, established in 1946
It acts in complete independence from national or private interests, public authorities or any pressure group
ELEC is built as a federation of national sections present in a number of European countries.
The membership of its national sections is drawn largely from economic and financial circles; but it also maintains close contacts with senior national and European civil servants as well as academics and policy makers.
– To put timely intellectual pressure on European decision makers to further economic integration in Europe.
– To mobilize its members in support of projects that embody the European common interests.
– Favour the circulation of information,
– Organisation of debates and conferences
– Publication of papers on important European themes
– Provide expertise to influence and stimulate the exchanges and broaden their scope and quality.
The League is not a lobby or a think tank, but it defines its-self as an “intellectual pressure group” in the service of the European project, anxious to carry out its mission in complete independence of private interests or the public authorities.
ELEC has advisory status at the Council of Europe and on the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe.