EPHA is a change agent – Europe’s leading NGO advocating for better health.
We are a dynamic member-led organisation, made up of public health NGOs, patient groups, health professionals, and disease groups working together to improve health and strengthen the voice of public health in Europe.
EPHA is a member of, among others, the Social Platform, the European Public Health and Agriculture Consortium (EPHAC), the Health and Environment Alliance (HEAL), and the EU Civil Society Contact Group.
- To bring together the public health community to provide thought leadership and facilitate change;
- To build public health capacity to deliver equitable solutions to European public health challenges, to improve health and reduce health inequalities.
- EPHA monitors the policy making process within the EU institutions and supports the flow of information on health promotion and public health policy developments amongst all interested players including: politicians, civil servants, NGOs, stakeholders and the public;
- EPHA promotes greater awareness amongst European citizens and NGOs about policy developments and programme initiatives that effect the health of those living in the EU, allowing them to contribute to the policy making process;
- EPHA trains, mentors and supports NGOs and health actors to engage with the EU, particularly local organisations, those working with disadvantaged communities and in central and Eastern Europe;
- It participates in policy debates and stakeholder dialogues to raise the profile of health in all policy areas, supporting collaboration and partnerships between non-governmental organisations and other organisations active at European, national and local level on health promotion and public health.
EPHA has a well established and transparent consultation process that enables all members to participate in policy-making.