Call for applications: Countering Hate Speech & Far-right Radicalism Training
January 5th, 2018
European Alternatives is a civil society organisation devoted to exploring the potential for transnational politics and culture. Today the challenges of democratic participation, social equality, and cultural innovation cannot be effectively understood and addressed at the nation state level.
Explore the potential of transnational politics and culture
The organisation is a breeding ground for new ideas and proposals for politics and culture at European level and a political and cultural actor with a truly transeuropean activity, staff and support base.
The reflexion and action of European Alternatives is targeted in the first instance at the European Union and European member states, but the political and cultural horizon of the organisation is global, as are the collaborations it tries to foster.
– Research, publications, and transnational seminars: to formulate, from the ground-up and through the participation of citizens and members of its local groups, a wide series of political proposals for the Europe to come.
– Transeuropa Festival: an innovative simultanous festival taking place in 4 cities mixing cultural, political, and artistic engagement across borders.
– Artistic projects, such as the recent Polis21, inviting artists to imagine alternative proposals for society and political community.
– Local Groups: European Alternatives stimulates active participation from the bottom-up in all areas of our work through many active local groups running a rich programme of local activities
– Democratising the EU: European Alternatives pushes for greater democratisation of the European political process, advocating greater participation of citizens, civil society and social movements in the decision-making of the European Union. EA represents these voices in consultations with the European institutions, by running initiatives reinforcing the role of the European parliament, and in promoting the emergence of a political Europe of alternative choices by analysis and debate of current European policies.
– Campaigns: EA contributes to the emergence of pan-European social movements working to transform national demands and campaigns into transnational advocacy.
– EA publishes a printed magazine in English and an online magazine in 3 languages to stimulate interaction with its work and contribute to the shared formulation of political proposals across language barriers, promoting the development of a transnational space for interaction and discussion of political and cultural issues.
– the future of Europe is beyond the national level
– it’s important to promote and develop the transnational culture and politics
– culture and politics are strongly linked and must be considered as equaly important