Act now to #ProtectWater!
October 9th, 2018
The European Environmental Bureau is Europe’s largest network of environmental citizens' organisations.
It has consultative status at and relations with: the Council of Europe,the Commission of the European Union, the European Parliament, the Economic and Social Committee of the European Union, the OECD and the UN Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD).
The EEB aims to promote knowledge and understanding of the current and potential EU environmental and sustainable development policies amongst the general public in the EU, so that this will lead them generally to mobilise for continuous improvement.
– ensure fast, targeted and reliable provision of information to its members, with the dual objective to both inform and mobilise;
– facilitate and promote an ongoing dialogue between the members and existing and potential allies on positions and strategies to influence relevant EU policies;
– set up activities that reflect the priorities and demands of its Members with regard to EU policies;
– maintain the function of liaison between the EU institutions and the environmental movement.
– The EEB provide targeted services in information, co-ordination and representation to its members
– The EEB has an information and press service,
– It runs 12 specialised Working Groups of EEB members,
– Produces position papers on topics that are, or should be, on the EU agenda
– Represents the Membership in regular discussions with European institutions.
Important lobbying activities to the EU Institutions