The new economics foundation was founded in 1986 by the leaders of The Other Economic Summit (TOES) which forced issues such as international debt onto the agenda of the G7 and G8 summits.
It is an independent think-and-do tank that inspires and demonstrates real economic well-being.
NEF works with all sections of society in the UK and internationally - civil society, government, individuals, businesses and academia -
– To improve quality of life by promoting innovative solutions that challenge mainstream thinking on economic, environment and social issues
– To create new ways of measuring progress towards increased well-being and environmental sustainability
– To create more understanding and strategies for change.
– Publication of reports, advices on various themes linked to well-being, democracy and participation, climate change, renewable energies etc
– Organisation of forums, conferences, seminars
– Coordination of a blog
– Implementation of online participatory tools
DEMOCS programme that provides: information about a topic and an interactive and engaging process to support deliberation in small groups, usually over an hour and a half.
Democs helps people understand the issues before giving their opinion, and ensure that they can make offer policy-makers reasoned, informed and valuable contributions.