[ECI] Save bees and farmers!
January 21st, 2020
Slow Food is a global, grassroots organization with supporters in 150 countries around the world who are linking the pleasure of good food with a commitment to their community and the environment.
A non-profit member-supported association, Slow Food was founded in 1989 to counter the rise of fast food and fast life.
Slow Food Europe is based on a set of values and goals-biodiversity, sustainability, the conservation of natural resources, inclusive development-which it believes should lay the foundations for new European policies.
– Supporting a deeper understanding of ecosystems and careful management of natural resources-air, land, water and biodiversity;
– Encouraging the recognition of the fact that neither rural nor urban environments can enjoy harmonious development independently;
– Supporting the creation of networks of rural communities, bound not only to their own environments and cultures, but also to urban populations and academic and scientific institutions;
– Supporting urban communities capable not only of organizing themselves and connecting with surrounding rural communities, but also growing and producing some of their own food;
– Supporting young people to encourage them to play a central role in agriculture and food production;
– Finding new formulas for the transmission of traditional knowledge and forms of artistic and linguistic expression;
– Encouraging universities and scientific institutions capable of enhancing local ecosystems by supplementing traditional knowledge with innovative techniques;
– Supporting the recognition of the value and dignity of the small-scale farming and fishing professions;
– Encouraging strong local identities and cultures, the building blocks of European identity and culture.
– Lobbying and publication of position papers on various EU policies;
– Organisation of international citizen campaigns and sensitization campaigns to food-related topics;
– Organisation of fairs, markets and events of local or international scale to expose products of excellent gastronomic quality and to provide responsible consumers the opportunity to meet producers;
– Dissemination of information.
– International representativeness
– Innovative campaigns
– Membership fees