What do you want to achieve with this project?
This online training course will provide you with the knowledge, tools, and confidence to design and coordinate an advocacy campaign for the protection of pollinators. It will help you identify your key demands, who to reach out to, and how to successfully communicate your message to influence positive change. It will turn your motivation into action and will empower you to become a pollinator champion. The entire training is based on experiential learning and non-formal education and will include a wide array of activities in the virtual space. It is grounded in generating actionable ideas fit for real-life situations. At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of participation.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
Through the course you will:
- Gain an understanding of pollinators ecology, their importance in ecosystem functioning, and the main drivers of decline
- Get a clear perspective on the policy framework governing pollinators conservation status on the European and national level
- Be able to find relevant policies and legislation in your country/region and identify key authorities and stakeholders in this matter
- Understand the importance of youth advocacy in what concerns pollinators conservation
- Interact with guest speakers ranging from youth activists to representatives of NGOs with experience in advocacy to entomologists and more. Guest speakers will be announced in the coming weeks. Keep an eye on our social media!
- Become aware of different advocacy tools
- Select which advocacy tools are more powerful given the information available in your setting
- Define strategic goals for an advocacy campaign
Exchange knowledge and skills with interested and motivated young people from across Europe
- Be provided with a supportive space to develop actions tailored to your setting and feel empowered to implement them
- Connect with motivated young individuals interested in the topic of pollinators
- Explore your connection with pollinators and nature itself
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Members of youth organisations/ groups/ informal networks (If you are not a member of any of the above do not rule yourself out. Apply anyway providing more information in the form)
- Individuals with some experience in environmental youth advocacy. There is no need to be an expert in that just to have some experience that the training can build on.
- Individuals who are looking to expand their knowledge on pollinators’ importance. There is no need to have much knowledge or experience with the topic of pollinators as we will provide that during the course
What are the details of the project?
Online Training Course | Spreading Pollen: Youth Advocacy for the Protection of Pollinators